Ancaster Municipal Lawn Bowling Club
Memberships may be purchased through our Membership Coordinator, Joseph Hodgson who can be contacted at Coaches@AncasterLawnBowling.com. Fees for Indoor Short Mat Bowling are payable directly to the Program Coordinator who can be contacted at Coaches@AncasterLawnBowling.com.
2023 Membership Fees
Full (adult) membership
- Outdoor Lawn Bowling (May-September) – $140; includes $38 OLBA annual fee
- New adult members pay $140 plus one-time assessment of $25
- Indoor Short Mat Bowling (October-April) – $108 ($70 for bowlers who have already paid the OLBA fee)
- Outdoor Lawn Bowling - $102 - for bowlers who belong to more than one club and have already paid the OLBA fee
Junior membership (ages 18 and up to 25)
- Outdoor Lawn Bowling - $89, includes $38 OLBA annual fee
- Indoor Short Mat Bowling - $73 ($35 for bowlers who have already paid the OLBA fee)
Junior membership (up to age 18)
- Outdoor Lawn Bowling - $51
- Indoor Short Mat Bowling - $35
Associate (Social) membership
- $10; does not include bowling
- the fee for associate members wishing to participate in indoor short mat bowling is $98
- $5 per season (indoor & outdoor)
First year bowlers have first priority and first choice of club bowls. Returning members may also use club bowls provided that the needs of first year bowlers can be met.
AMLBC name tags and club shirts: Wearing a name tag and/or a club shirt makes it easier for everyone – to know and remember names, and to help new members feel more comfortable as they get to know everyone.
It is anticipated that members who participate in interclub league teams or other specified club activities will wear club shirts to provide uniformity in appearance and conformity to dress codes where applicable.
Club shirts are available in men's and women's styles, in solid purple with optional white embroidered club name and individual name.
Contact Sue Cole at AncasterLawnBowling@gmail.com to order a club shirt and/or name tag.
Our club relies on volunteers! We need hosts to help prepare and serve refreshments for our regular club activities (Monday & Friday evenings and Wednesday Interclub home dates) and for our open tournaments. We also need convenors for our Special Events.
Outdoors, there is regular but non-strenuous maintenance to be done on our gardens, decks, landscaping and equipment.
Members, please consider how you might be able to help and sign up at the clubhouse.
Game Play & Terms
If you're new to lawn bowling you can arrange for basic instruction through any of our club coaches who can be contacted at coaches@AncasterLawnBowling.com. Non-members must sign a waiver of liability before stepping onto the greens.
Check out the Ontario Lawn Bowls Association site for more information:
Rules & Etiquette
Basic etiquette in lawn bowling is to be courteous to all and demonstrate good sportsmanship.
- Do not distract your opponent when he/she is preparing to deliver
- Commend a good bowl from either team
- Do not criticize a green when visiting a club
- Protect the greens (do not bounce bowls; choose the right footwear)
- See links below for Rules, more details and tips
Other Clubs in our District 5 include:
- Roselawn (Hamilton)
All of these clubs participate in the outdoor Lawn Bowling Interclub League, with the exception of Hagersville.
- Bowls Canada http://www.bowlscanada.com
- Ontario Lawn Bowling Association https://www.olba.ca
- YouTube Lawn Bowling Tips https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=utube+lawn+bowling+tips&qpvt=utube+lawn+bowling+tips&FORM=VDRE
- Canadian Indoor Short Mat Bowling rules http://www.canadianshortmat.org/files/WSMBC_Rules.pdf
Thank You to the following sponsors for supporting lawn bowling and tournament play at Ancaster:
Ancaster Denture Clinic
Kyle Zimmerman, Denturist
47 Wilson Street East
Ancaster L9G 2B3
DQ Grill & Chill Restaurant
Karen &: Rich Peart, owners
216 Argyle St. S
Caledonia N3W 1K8 905-765-2444 www.dairyqueen.com
Dodsworth & Brown Funeral Home
Jim Panoff, Manager
378 Wilson Street East
Ancaster L9G 2C2 905-648-3852 www.dbancaster.ca
Rastin's Wilson St. Pharmacy
Janet Rastin, Owner/Pharmacist
323 Wilson Street East,
Ancaster L9G 4A8
RBC Dominion Securities
Kevin Ryan & Ryan te Boekhorst
100 King Street West
15th Floor, Suite 1500
Hamilton L8P 1A2